cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Multiple BT IDs

I began receiving two identical BT Broadband bills every month in May 22 and noticed it was because I had two BT IDs. One I recognised but the other was a string of numbers I didn't recognise. I recently jumped onto BT chat and the chap suggested it was because I had the same email address associated with two accounts (one current, one defunct). His solution was to create a new BT ID and apply that to my active account, suggesting that getting rid of the duplicate email issue might magically solve my problem.

Guess what? I'm now getting three identical bill emails every month from three different BT IDs 🙂

If anyone can help me prune this down to one, I'd be most grateful. You can hopefully understand why I'm hesitant to go back onto the chat to resolve this.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Multiple BT IDs

The exact identical thing happened to me as well down to the date and random numbers of the "unknown" account.

One of the Mods is working on it at the moment and hopefully will be able to delete the duplicate account and stop the duplicate emails every month.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Oh that's interesting -- especially the identical date. Thanks for letting me know about that. Fingers crossed they'll find a solution.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

I've got the same problem too. Weirdly it only affects one of the two phoneline accounts I have. No idea how or why it started but each month I receive two identical emails to say my bill is ready for that particular line - one quoting my actual My BT user ID and the other with what appears to be a randomly generated My BT ID  (the * blanking some of the characters on the email means I don't fully know what it is either).

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Just had a phone call from one of the Mods, they are aware of this issue which is affecting a number of customers. It is being looked into and hopefully it will be resolved, but no timeline has been given.

Message 6 of 9

Interesting. It does suggest it's something at BT's end, at least. I was initially wondering if it was because of something I'd done. Thanks for letting me know.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

After having two emails per month informing me that my bill is ready, I have yet to receive one this month, they are normally sent on the 9th of the month.

Is this another glitch in the BT systems ?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Did you get one in the end?

I only received one bill email this month (from my original — correct —  BT ID) so I’m wondering if my issue has been fixed.

All I need to do now is find a way of deleting the third BT ID introduced after my ill-fated customer services chat.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Still not had a billing email this month, payment has been taken by BT though.

0 Ratings