cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Multiple phone lines

Not sure if this is the correct board, but here goes....

I have fttp at home which supports my private house phone and my computer. My wife wants to run her business from our home. Currently her business uses 2 phone numbers, one to support the business' server & computing and the other for business calls. So  it seems to me that I'll need to add 2 phone numbers/lines to my home. Is this possible? Indeed is this the way to do it? Bit of a newby at this technical stuff so all advice/pointers welcome.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Multiple phone lines

Just talk to BT business and order what you require. Your home line will remain totally independent you cannot 'add' 2 new business lines to it.

In theory, a multiple port ONT can support more than one provider, but in practice this often proves problematic to achieve.

Make sure you get them to understand that they are completely new lines that are required and not a transfer of your existing residential service.

Message 3 of 3

Re: Multiple phone lines

@BazzaS1 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

I assume this must be a BT Business service, as you cannot run servers on a dynamic IP address, as you need a static IP address which only BT Business provide.

Also BT Residential accounts are not for business use.

BT Business now use Cloud Voice which allows multiple phone numbers to be served over a single broadband connection.

BT Business have their own forum.

https://business.forums.bt.com/

0 Ratings