cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

My father-in-law has entered a care home and we need to minimise his bills

My father-in-law has entered a care home and in order to meet the fees we need to significantly reduce all of his outgoings. My wife (his daughter) is his registered Power of Attorney.

Pending a decision on what needs to happen with his house, we need to minimise his bills. His current 24-month contract started in June 2023 (just before he went into hospital) and includes a Sport TV package, Halo 3 and 700 call minutes.

Is it possible to reduce to a base broadband-only service in the meantime? Ideally, we don't want to cancel BT completely at the moment, as all of his affairs are based around his btinternet.com email address.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: My father-in-law has entered a care home and we need to minimise his bills

I have asked forum mods to see if the can help you as you currently have POA.  the mods will post here

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Hi @Digicol

Welcome and thanks for your post!

I understand your Father-in-law has moved into a care home.  We'll be able to pick up from here and help you guys out.  We deal with cases in turn as we receive them so as soon as you reach the top of our queue, one of the guides will be in touch.  I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

@Digicol Bear in mind your fil won't lose his email address if you cease all BT products. It will simply be downgraded to Basic Mail which is exactly the same as Standard mail except it is only available via webmail and not mail apps or clients.

0 Ratings