cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

MyBT and email password synergy

I stopped using MyBT sometime ago. Each time I logged in it would only stay available for a few minutes and then lock me out. If I then reset the MyBT password it would force me to reset my email password as well. With six devices this was a real pain. I complained to the ombudsman and sometime later BT sent me an email saying that the problem was solved but failed to provide any feedback on root cause etc.

My question now is as follows. Have the login problems re MyBT be solved and if I reactivate the My BT app and create a brand new password for it will this immediately log me out of email and force me to reset the email password as well? Thank you.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: MyBT and email password synergy

No idea if it will make you change your email password but if it does and ff you want to have a different password for your BTMail account and your MyBT you can change the email password independently by logging onto your email account then click on your username at the top right then go to "Account Info" then "Change my Password" and follow the prompts.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

@gg30340 wrote:

No idea if it will make you change your email password but if it does and ff you want to have a different password for your BTMail account and your MyBT you can change the email password independently by logging onto your email account then click on your username at the top right then go to "Account Info" then "Change my Password" and follow the prompts.

As long as the wind is blowing in the right direction and there is an 'R' in the month. 😄

Message 4 of 7

@licquorice wrote:

@gg30340 wrote:

As long as the wind is blowing in the right direction and there is an 'R' in the month. 😄

I thought you would have taken that as a given!

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Obviously the wind is in the wrong direction at the moment.

Just tried and changing BTID password changes email password and vice versa.

The password change is a common point for both.

I guess it depends if BTID is a @btinternet.com email address or not, obviously if BTID is a third party email address, the email password cannot possibly be changed by changing BTID password.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Thank you. That is precisely my concern. Yes, I know how to change both the MyBT and email passwords (I’ve done it often enough) but the problem remains. If I reactivate the MyBT account and create a new password it will delete my existing email password as well and as I have six devices with email access that is a real pain. As they say “If it ain’t broke don’t fix it” so I’ll just leave it alone. I can live without MyBT.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Contrary to all password security, you could do as BT want which is to only have one password so that you can access your email through your MyBT,  you could make your BTMail and MyBT password the same, ie what your email password is at present.

0 Ratings