cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Cancelled order?

I checked my account today as I am waiting for bt to activate my digital voice phone which was supposed to be activated on 17/11/22 but still hasn’t been. Anyway my account now says I have cancelled my upgrade and I need to return my hub 2 and wireless disk! 
I haven’t been in touch with bt except for asking when will the digital voice be activated? Which they said will be today 25/11/22 , which coincidentally still hasn’t been activated. 
my question is how can they say I have cancelled my order when I definitely have not? Also they say they are going to charge me for the hub 2 and wifi disc unless I return them but I will not have any broadband if I do!  I find this unbelievable! Please help, thank you in advance.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Cancelled order?

Hi, @tondew I'm really sorry to see you're order has been cancelled. This can happen if there have been issues with the order on our side and it will likely need to be replaced. Did your order also include an upgrade to full-fibre broadband?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Hi Neil, thank you for your reply.

I was on bt halo 3 with the hub 5 and was upgrading to halo 3 with complete wifi with the smart hub 2 and wifi disc. I haven’t got fibre direct to my home only copper wire if that helps?

I have been talking to bt for the past hour or so to solve this.
They said they cancelled it their end .  I only found out when I looked at my app.

I have now had to take out a new contract which is costing me more (they are going to refund me some of it) but I still won’t get digital voice.

it seems very unfair to me that they won’t honour the original contract.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

@tondew Thanks for getting back to me, it's unusual you were offered digital voice when not moving over to a full fibre line. Did they explain why the move over to digital voice couldn't happen?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Not really no, just said that it was because I requested to keep my existing number which I did, and they said it would not be possible. But I was not told any of this originally, they just cancelled my order. Then I was told today that openreach cancelled the order? I find it all confusing to be honest.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Hi @tondew, have the team replaced your order yet?

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Hi John, the order is supposed to be delivered tomorrow I believe and I checked on my app and I’m supposed to return the hub that they sent a few days ago. It’s a pain because I’ve set up everything with the new hub now that they want back. It seems I won’t be able to have digital voice though.
Thank you for asking.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Hi @tondew, thanks for posting back and do come back to let us know if the order completes ok tomorrow.

Pity about the digital voice but I'm sure it was to ensure you kept your number. It should be no problem once you're automatically migrated. 

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Quick update as requested.

Unfortunately I have not received the new equipment that was supposed to be sent so I can’t return the items bt want back yet.
But I have received a bag to return either the hub5 ? Or the hub 2? Which neither have arrived yet.  Does it matter which one I put in the bag ? As another bag is supposed to be coming but it doesn’t say which for which bag? 
how do they know who it came from as there is not a sender details on the bag? Sorry but I don’t want to be charged. 
sorry this sounds confusing.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Hi, @tondew I'll send you a private message and we'll be happy to help you get this sorted. The serial number on the equipment links back to your BT account so we know where it has come from.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings