cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

MyBT defaults to Email

Go to solution

Trying to access MyBT.  When I login, I occasionally see a flash of the MyBT page before it switches to Email.  Clicking on MyBT at the top of the Email page, opens a new page with a different login screen.  Entering my details simply returns to the different login screen.  Clicking 'Forgotten your login details?' takes me to screen asking to me to get a PIN.  When I enter the PIN, I'm asked for a new password.  Once I've entered this, it takes me to the original login screen, and once again I get diverted to Email. 
I've now done this twice.  I've also, in between times cleared my browser history and cache, as suggested on one of the posts here.  Most of the other posts appear to direct me to do what I have just done.
How do I log into MyBT?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: MyBT defaults to Email

Go to solution

Hi, @bertmalarky Thanks for posting and welcome to the community, are you sure you're logging in with your BT ID and not a BT email address? 

If you log in to MyBT with a BT email address that's not a BT ID it will default to the email landing page.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

How do I find my BT ID?   I've signed into my BT a number of times before, but not frequently - every 3-4 months.  

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @bertmalarky you can get a reminder by following the forgotten login name steps on this link. Let me know how you get on.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks Neil - that worked.  Turns out my BT ID was my OLD email address from my previous ISP.  I'd obviously used it when I was switching to BT!!  Thanks again.

Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

@bertmalarky That's great, I'm happy I was able to help.

You can edit your BT ID in the 'Your details' section of MyBT if you want to update that.

Neil

0 Ratings