cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

MyBT security issues, HD/4K extra journey not working and pricing inconsistencies

Go to solution

I know this is a theme after my Xbox woes, so sharing here just in case it helps identify existing or new issues.

I have found live streams of TNT Sports on Discovery+ have become pretty unwatchable on multiple devices, so I decided to add the HD/4K extra back on today and get the Pro Box out for key upcoming games. 

The order process doesn't seem to work, although it does complete and generate an order number, but asking me to confirm a zero value order. There is no email confirmation either as yet.

Great price!Great price!

More worryingly for me is the fact that 2FA has failed on both my PC (Edge browser) and iPad (Safari), yet I was still able to get into MyBT by simply clicking on "MyBT" again even though I hadn't entered any passcode.

I did not receive any passcodes.

Once in, there is no sign of any order and I am blocked from ordering the upgrade via the Pro Box. I can go through the order screens but get a BTP-4048 error code, which I am unable to locate the meaning of in online help.

Lastly, if I view the HD/4K extra pricing for a new customer or the upgrade journey as an existing customer via the Pro Box it is £6. With the initial journey via MyBT it was £6.47.

MyBT journeyMyBT journeyNormal website pricingNormal website pricing

It may settle down order wise, although I suspect it will need cancelling and fixing due to the price inconsistency, but the security issue around 2FA is not inspiring at all.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | EE TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Tags (4)
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: MyBT security issues, HD/4K extra journey not working and pricing inconsistencies

Go to solution

There are I believe some  inconsistences in HD/4K addons pricing currently.  I suspect that is due to the standard price being maintained at £6 (throughout the last year - ie not increased)  whereas those already having the addon in their TV pack last March were subject to RPI +3.9%  annual increases so presumably are paying more than £6.

As an aside there is a published incrrease to the standard price to £6.47 effective 31st March 2024 in the February 16th  BT Consumer Price Guide. (EE will have their own  price guide).

Message 3 of 3

Re: MyBT security issues, HD/4K extra journey not working and pricing inconsistencies

Go to solution

Well, no sign of an order, so I think it is safe to say it failed somewhere, which is fine. 

I'll stick with Discovery+ (foibles and all), until my contract ends, I've lost all faith in BT/EE systems and their services at this point. 

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | EE TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings