cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Near the end of my Now contract with BT

Go to solution

Got an email the other day about the price rises and it says come the price rises on 31st March. I will be out of contract for the Now Big Entertainment plus HD add on.

How easy will it be to cancel Now Big Entertainment plus HD add on and then get the same TV package direct from Now. Also will I a 30 notice with BT. Just so I can set up the Now Big Entertainment plus HD add on direct from Now.

I still get 11 months to go on my Fibre 2. That I got for the price of Fibre 1 just over a year ago.

I got two Youview boxes one is retail and other box I got from BT well over 3 years ago.

Will not miss mot being able to record the Now channels that much. As nearly 90% of the shows that I watch are on Now catch up and new episodes of The Simpsons will end up on Disney + given time. As I also have Disney +. As well as Prime and Netflix but not though BT.

I now also dont watch AMC that much.

Darren

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Near the end of my Now contract with BT

Go to solution

If you received the BT box before 13/12/2019 then it's yours to keep but BT will still offer a recycling service as they are legally obliged to do so.

If your BT TV contract is coming to an end then just inform them that you will not be renewing it, I've just done exactly that myself and intend to go direct to Now TV but as yet I don't know how that will pan out as I'm still in contract for a few more weeks 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

@Les-Gibson thanks for your reply. Did you phone BT or cancel via there website. I got another 10 or 11 days before my BT TV contract for Now will come to an end. 

I think its better to get Now direct from them.

Im sure BT gave me one of the Youview boxes before December 2019. 

Only the BT Hub 6(smart hub) was after 13/12/2019.

Darren

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

I rang the retentions number; 0800 800 030 as I was renewing my BB contract and you get a much wider choice that way than doing it online

Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

@Les-Gibson Thanks for that.

Darren