cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 13

Re: Need Help with FTTP?

What is the correct one , the CBT underground or a wall mounted CBT , if it’s underground then the survey note is wrong , a CBT is designed to serve multiple dwellings, it makes no difference if your neighbours order FTTP or don’t , all addresses designated to the CBT show availability at the same time , once the CBT has been made ‘live’ 

ONT is the mains powered equipment inside a dwelling, a CSP is the block the fibre cable from the CBT goes to , from the CSP a second cable goes to the ONT 

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 13

CBT is underground the csp is on the  wall close to the ground so far we dont a ont installed yet thats where I am at sir so I believe all they need to do is put cables from cbt to the csp potentially small dig is needed because the original copper is also underground the cbt 1 meter or less away from the csp I wish I could send pictures on this to show you the situation im sorry if I sound rude not my intention but thank you 

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 13

Don’t worry , I don’t think you are rude , I’m just trying  to figure out what’s right and what isn’t , if the serving CBT is now underground then the FTTP network wasn’t provided as per the survey instructions ( but that does happen ) , if from the underground CBT,  a CSP has been provided near your flat , and is cabled back to the CBT in the underground joint box and connected , then all that remains is a cable from the CSP on the wall , to inside your flat , and fit the ONT etc ….this isn’t the way it was intended but will work in exactly the same way , it’s odd that if there was a ducted path from the jointbox to the wall for a CSP , why they didn’t move the CBT onto the wall as per the survey, but they never did , unless the CSP is fitted but it isn’t cabled back to the CBT , in which case that needs to be done before service can be supplied.

Why the CBT was put in the joint box and not on the wall of the flats we can only speculate about but it doesn’t make a difference apart from the records for the location of the CBT will be inaccurate , if the CSP is not cabled , and an excavation is still needed to get a cable between the flat wall CSP and the jointbox CBT they should really relocate the CBT to the wall of the flats to keep the records straight ( and make provision for other flats in the block easier  ) but they  probably won’t .

0 Ratings