cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

New Broadband Contract- Why does BT take its loyal existing customers for granted?!

Go to solution

As we all know , BT isn't the cheapest Broadband provider on the market! However, why do even new customers get a better deal than loyal existing customers?!Any comments? Thanks

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: New Broadband Contract- Why does BT take its loyal existing customers for granted?!

Go to solution

You mean like virtually every company in the country for all types of services does.

As long as people keep moving provider to get a cheaper deal it keeps the bean counters happy as they can produce amazing stats for gaining new customers. I have never understood the rationale either, but its the way of the world these days.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

Re: New Broadband Contract- Why does BT take its loyal existing customers for granted?!

Go to solution

BT have just increased the base price of their already uncompetetive fibre2 to 31.99. I've had BT ever since BT Sport came out as it was the cheapest way of adding it - but with BT Sport being bought by Discovery - what exactly is BT offering for being so expensive?

Don't even get me started on the price of their call plans - they should be wearing a mask and a striped jumper!

The 14.4% price increase was the last straw, but luckily my contract is just ending so I can jump ship. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

I'll start by saying this is in no way a defence of BT but it always makes me laugh when people compare BT to other providers & price. If you look at all the security etc plus the different openereach care levels (BT pay for a higher one) you see the reason for a higher price. People don't seem to demand supermarkets etc match each other but yet seem to like hitting out at BT as though they should be matching. It's an open market at the end of thr day with lots of choices nowadays

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

Why do you think Aldi and Lidl have been so successful Gary ( I use to shop at Tesco)? This strategy will lose them customers and eventually hit the share price. Cheers

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution

Perhaps you should apply for the post of chief finance officer at BT.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

Thanks - but from what I have seen from Plc Boards they don't like to listen to common sense! Didn't a previous Chief Executive for BT spend billions on licences from the Government ( which they never used!)? Cheers

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

Erm - what security features are these? BT Protect (rebadged Norton) which you can get the equivalent of or better for free on the Internet?

I actually understated the cost, 31.99 is fibre 2 without phone line - fibre 2 with phone line (no calls) seems to be 36.99 now. 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

Other broadband companies are no different when it comes to the end of your contract, you need to phone the value team and barter them down on price. 

Also sky throttle their speeds when BT don't.

Obviously if you feel you can get it cheaper after you've tried with the value team it's down to you, but as the old saying goes, 'you get what you pay for' and the grass isn't always greener.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

I may have to stand corrected! Just waiting for a call from BT complaints / Value Team! We shall see. Cheers

0 Ratings