cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

New Contract

On 10th June 2023 I contacted BT as I was out of contract and agreed a new deal upgrading to fibre to the home. At that time I also cancelled my BT sport membership and took up the option of digital voice, and swapped my mobile phone contract over from BT to EE. I was given a date in eary July for BT to attend my home address and sort my new broadband out. This must have taken the best part of 2 hours on the phone to sort out.

The new sim cards duly arrived from EE. Today I checked my BT bill to find I was still being charged for BT sport. I telephoned the BT helpline and was staggered to be told that my order for the new broadband service had been cancelled. When I queried why noone had bothered to tell me, the operator told me that apparently BT can only spot the fault when the user actually phones up!!

I was then told to phone up tomorrow (yes really) and go through the process of ordering a new contract (probably another 2 hours on the phone I guess)

Wouldnt mind so much but the last time I renewed my contract a similar thing happened and it took months to sort out - yet when you ring up the recorded message states that BT are comittted to providing excellent customer services. What a joke that is.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: New Contract

@gullsfanwrote:

I telephoned the BT helpline and was staggered to be told that my order for the new broadband service had been cancelled. When I queried why noone had bothered to tell me, the operator told me that apparently BT can only spot the fault when the user actually phones up!!

That is incorrect, when an order fails it creates an activity for a dedicated team to look into it, some orders can be recovered, some need replaced but you should of been contacted.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Well maybe but believe me a similar thing happened last time I renewed. Quite why I have to ring up on a different day to sort out an order when I was on the phone in the first place is beyond me. I'm considering going elsewhere - been a bt customer forever but the customer service is hopeless.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

On another you would still be getting charged for sport given it's still in the 30 day notice period too anyway

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Well yes obviously - but my estimnated bill for next month shpws that I will still be charged even though Ive cancelled.

0 Ratings