cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

New Customer - Broadband Order Showing as Canceled

Hi,

I am in the process of moving my broadband from Sky to BT. 

I called Sky the other day and cancelled my contract with them which is due to end on the 11/08. On the same day I placed an online order for the Full Fibre 500 with BT with an activation date of 28/07 (though would be good to have the set up done before the old broadband provide stops).

Everything went through fine with BT when I placed the order. However,  three days ago I noticed that I was not able to access the app anymore to track the order and it said: “there is no account linked to this BT ID”.

so I tried to track my original order by using the link provided in the original confirmation email received last week and the order is showing as ‘Closed Order’ it has the following error messages. 

We've cancelled your order for you

You told us you want to cancel your order. If that's not right, or you've changed your mind, please click here to Contact Us.

We are really sorry but we need to replace your order

Once the order is reissued we will send you a new order reference number. Any equipment included in the previous order will be reissued on the replacement order

Have I done something wrong? Can someone please advise me what I do next to avoid any further delays/issues? I cannot afford not to have any broadband and this is really stressing me out… i have not received any emails from BT saying that there is an issue/delay with my order but this does not look right to me.

Thanks in advance

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: New Customer - Broadband Order Showing as Canceled

@Helandhouse 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

This is just a customer to customer help forum, everyone here, including myself, are just customers.

The only BT Employees are the forum moderators.

You have done this the wrong way, as a pending cease on your line from Sky, will prevent BT from giving you service until all of the Sky cease tasks close. This could take up to 10 days after Sky cancel your line.

The correct way would have been to  place an order with BT, and they will inform Sky that they are taking over your line. This prevents a loss of service during changeover.

You will now have to wait for BT  to create a new order.

Message 3 of 8

Thanks @Keith_Beddoe for your help. 

do I understand from your messafe that there is nothing I can do at my end to make things go quicker? Just wait…?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

There's nothing you or BT can do until the cease order is complete.

Message 5 of 8

Just to add that whilst this was the wrong way to do things I think the fault is largely on Sky. When I went to move to BT their website said that fibre customers had to cancel with them rather than moving through the new supplier.

Message 6 of 8

@Keith_Beddoe 

Jus tone last question (I hope…) How/when does BT create a new order? Do I need to trigger them to do that? 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

BT should submit a new request to Openreach, once all the cease orders close. It would have been Openreach that rejected the original request from BT.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

@Helandhouse welcome to the community and thanks for posting, the orders team will need to fix whatever has triggered the order to fail and they'll contact you back to re order. 

Do you have a full fibre line with Sky already? If you do we wouldn't be able to take it over whilst there is a stop order in place.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings