cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

New Fibre

Good morning. I’m upgrading to fibre. Someone is supposed to come to do it today but since placing the order Ive received nothing! Does the engineer bring all I need, new router etc with him? I don’t want them to have a wasted journey if I should have already received things in the post, nor do I want to wait in for him unnecessarily. Thanks

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: New Fibre

@Clairabella1 

What does it say on your order progress when you track your order?

Are you upgrading to full fibre (FTTP), or just fibre to the cabinet (FTTC)?

What broadband package do you have at the moment?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

If you already have a SH2 router ( and possibly already on Digital voice so using the phone connection on the router ) then you don’t need any new equipment as the existing router is compatible with FTTP , that assuming you are upgrading to FTTP 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

I cannot find an order number just a new contract 

it says Full Fibre 100 I’m not sure whether this is to home or cabinet but was told they’d need access to my home and that I’d need a Smart hub 2 as mine is an older version 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

@Clairabella1 

That would require access to your property as that is optical fibre.

See https://www.openreach.com/help-and-support/full-fibre-broadband-installation-checklist

Unless you have ordered a phone service, then its possible your existing home hub will have a red WAN port already, so you would not need the Smart Hub 2.

Which home hub do you have?

How do you know someone is coming today, if you have no order progress?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Thanks for replies everyone. I made a call to BT and it appears the order was started but never completed by their sales operative. I’m glad that I didn’t wait in all morning for someone who was never going to turn up! Back to square one now 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

@Clairabella1 

I did wonder, as normally you would be able to see the order, and the progress notes. I assume you just have FTTC at the moment, or possibly only ADSL?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

FFTC I think. 🤔 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

That is most likely. I assume its not fast enough for what you actually need?

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

I really have no idea but, chatting to some neighbours, it seems that the estate is being swapped to full fibre any week now. 

0 Ratings