cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

New contract negotiated - first month free not honoured

Go to solution

Being out of contract I negotiated a new 24 month deal on 3 November. I switched to Fibre 500 with Halo 3 which was available for what I was already paying for FTTC. My monthly cost was, and is, £43.38. I tried to haggle a better deal but the best I could get was the first month free and a credit for the £9.99 SH2 delivery charge. I asked for confirmation of this by email but was told that wasn’t possible to do from the agents terminal. I was assured that as we spoke he was updating my account and  credit for the first month and the delivery charge were on there.

Looking at billing details on My BT it appears this hasn’t happened, with the full £43.38 being invoiced for Dec and Jan. 

Have I been had over or will the credits not appear until later?  My install took place today.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: New contract negotiated - first month free not honoured

Go to solution

Seeing as your service only began today, id assume your first bill hasn't actually been generated yet, although I also assume it will be in the next few days, and that whatever it's showing right now might just be an estimate. For example, today is the 7th, if it was saying your bill will be created on the 12th, then maybe by on the 12th it will then change to what you're expecting it to be.

And seeing as there's a few days gap between when a bill is created and then paid, if it does show the wrong amount, at least you'l have a few days to try and get that resolved before the money is taken.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

To follow up on that with another example, we've just last week changed to a new package ourselves (of which iv created a thread about which hopefully is soon to be resolved, but that's another story) and to begin with the bill showed the usual cost of the new package, but because we overlapped with our previous contract coming to an end, and some deductions etc had to be made, that by the time the bill was properly created, the amount then changed, /and changed to what it should of been.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

My January bill has now been updated on the App and the sneaky beggars are charging me the full price and the SH2 delivery charge, so a total of £53.37.

Can any of the Mods on here please advise how I can escalate this matter? 

£53 doesn’t seem a huge amount in the bigger scheme of things, but what really rankles is the fact the BT agent appears to have blatantly lied to me in order to get me to sign up to a new contract.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

have you try phoning CS 150 or 0330 1234 150 and they should be able to help

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Tried phoning, half an hour of Christmas songs. Tried the chat option, but there was no button to actually click to connect, then it suddenly appeared. Got through to a helpful person and after a bit of explanation got the credit to my account implemented. An email and two texts in confirmation and the credit appeared on my account in MyBT.

👍

0 Ratings