cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 19

New customer.

Go to solution

I would like to get BT tv or EE tv and broadband package. which one do i contact. to order.

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19

Re: New customer.

Go to solution

@Raymond48 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

See https://www.bt.com/tv

To order https://www.bt.com/tv/packages

Message 3 of 19

Go to solution

You can contact either, just find the best deal for your on either of their sites.

I have BT FTTP 900 with Big Sport BT TV which comes with a Set Top Box, when I signed up the pricing on TV was too good to miss out on with BT. As far as im aware BT TV is called EE TV now anyway so in effect I have BT Broadband and EE TV.

Just price up packages on both sites and see what comes out cheapest and most specific for your requirement.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquity ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
Message 4 of 19

Go to solution

@naylor2006  Thanks for reply. did you have any problems, with any delays.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 19

Go to solution

@Keith_Beddoe  Thanks for the links.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 19

Go to solution

Well, I had some issues but it was Openreach's fault and not BT Retail themselves, these issues would have been there for any provider that I went for but as far as once the Openreach stuff was sorted the actual process of getting an order and going live and all that was fine.

Wait times on the phone were always pretty short and always through to someone onshore which I appreciate alot, after coming from Vodafone and dealing with their 100% offshore support setup its was amazing to speak to someone who understand the local context.

Im very happy with BT.

Can you get Full Fibre in your area, have you entered your postcode into the checker to see what you can get?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquity ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
Message 7 of 19

Go to solution

enter your address and this will show what type of connection is available to you  https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 8 of 19

Go to solution

@naylor2006  Yes i can have full fibre the pole it's about 10 mtrs away. so hopefully would not be a problem with Openreach.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 19

Go to solution

@naylor2006  Did they manage to fit in the two week slot.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 19

Go to solution

Same as me, if I jump from my window I could probably get to it. Openreach had only just finished installing the fibre when I wanted to order so my issues were mostly linked to 'teething' I would put it. Ultimately BT Retail handled the delays very well for me and I had a backup service in Virgin Media Cable so the delays werent a huge deal.

My advice would be to maybe keep a backup service running until you know the FTTP is live, Openreach removed my copper phone line in the process of installing fibre, I wasnt using it though but if it was my existing broadband it would have been a hard cease of one product with the faith that the other one went live right away. Like I said however, there was a fault on the fibre, 5 weeks it took Openreach to solve, luckily I wasnt using the copper for broadband!

0 Ratings