cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 19

Re: New customer.

Go to solution

What do you mean?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquity ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 19

Go to solution

@naylor2006  Well at the moment i have fttc with sky, and if i change i got to give notice, and according to BT web site it can take up to 14 days. 

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 19

Go to solution

I perhaps rely on the internet at home more than most so i'd never have a cut off within the same month, if I could I would give notice the week after my new service went life and I was sure it was up, I would then have to pay for both services for an extra month I guess. In my case because it didnt go live for 5 weeks or so it was no big deal as I wasnt paying for anything aside from my existing Virgin connection. I gave notice on that after a couple weeks of switching all my gear over to BT.

Its not down to BT really, they can place an order in a minute and it will go to Openreach to install on your given date but you wont find out until the day of installation if there is an issue or not, for me there was, I expect for 99% of install there isnt, like I said I wasnt surprised as the as the infra was brand new. If there's a fault BT will log it to Openreach to solve and its there problem.

Its up to you really, my case isnt a good example as there was a fundamental delay which was out of BT's hands.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquity ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
Message 14 of 19

Go to solution

@naylor2006  Thank you very much for taking the time to reply, look's like i will be joining BT.

Message 15 of 19

Go to solution

@Raymond48 

are you moving your phone as well to BT digital voice

normal way to change provider is to place order with new provider and they notify the existing provider however changing from just FTTC to FTTP and no DV I don't think BT will need to contact SKY

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 19

Go to solution

@imjolly  hi I have broadband and TV subscription with sky. I don't have Dv. According to BT website I have to inform sky customer service for both 31 days for TV and 14 days for broadband.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 19

Go to solution

do you have home phone with sky or broadband only?  are you just getting broadband only from BT not broadband and phone?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 19

Go to solution

@imjolly  just broadband and TV package no phone.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 19

Go to solution

if no phone and moving FTTC to BT FTTP then you will need to notify SKY