cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

No Broadband Connection (7 days after activation)

I recently moved into a new house and ordered a BT Broadband package for my Internet usage as I work from home. My HUB was set up long before my activation date (29th June) yet I still have no Internet connection.

I reported a fault on the day of activation and it remains open, still unfixed. I continuously get emails and texts letting me know 'it's up and running' and to get in contact if there are any more issues. Everytime I get in contact with support, they assure me my issue will be fixed with the 'highest priority' yet nothing has changed. I have asked multiple times for an engineer to come out and investigate if there are any issues with any interior wiring, yet I'm never given a clear response whether one will come.

I don't understand where the problem lies. All my HUB wiring is correctly fitted, I have reset it multiple times yet I still can't get a connection. This is becoming very stressful for me and I'm unable to work whilst it remains like this. Any thoughts or guidance?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: No Broadband Connection (7 days after activation)

are you trying to get FTTP (fibre to your home) or FTTC ( still using master socket)  when you connect hub what colour is light

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Hi, I believe it's FTTC as I have the grey broadband lead plugged from my router to my dual master socket. It blinks orange when it's on and has done so for the last 7 days.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

If FTTC and using master socket have you checked that you have a dial tone 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

We don't use a landline so we just went for a broadband only package. Can't check the landline unfortunately 

0 Ratings