cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

No Internet until January, can't reach Hotspots - what can we do?

New BT customer. Chose  not to renew with a previous provider, and come to BT, as they offered us a great deal. However on activation day they tell me Openreach need to fix the box (capacity issues) and we cannot get service until January 5th. We are rural, and struggle to get data in the house - and we certainly cannot get coverage from Hotspots.

Personal and works laptop, and my husband's tablet - none of which we can use which isn't acceptable. BT blame Openreach (reached out to Openreach on Twitter to resolve and they basically laughed at me stating I wasn't their customer, BT are, and to go away and bother someone else as they couldn't care less - they speak to all complainers in a similar fashion I notice).

Any ideas how we can get online given all of the above.  It's putting me in an horrendous situation for work (they still manage numbers in office post-covid and there won't always be a seat for me on days when I am supposed to be working from home).

Anyone else got any ideas how this can be resolved as we are both at the end of our tether.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: No Internet until January, can't reach Hotspots - what can we do?

@JulieAnnM 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

What broadband package did you order?

There is possibly an Openreach capacity issue.

Use the address checker on the page below, and post the results, but edit out your address details first.

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

It won't recognise my new phone number

Screenshot_20221213_174356_Gmail.jpg

 this is our package

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Then use your address

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Screenshot_20221213_182545_Chrome.png

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Screenshot_20221213_182312_Chrome.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

You've missed off the important details to the right of the screen. Does it say Available or Waiting List?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

As stated , the chances are the FTTC cabinet has no spare ports to connect you  , so will show ‘waiting list ‘ , but presumably your current provider ( the one you chose not to renew with ) are currently supplying you with FTTC , so when your service with then is finished, the cab should move from ‘waiting list’  to ‘available’ , it’s unclear , if you have correctly linked the cease of the FTTC service with your ‘old’ provider and the new service from BT ( using the correct migration process ) why you need a period without FTTC, 

0 Ratings