cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

No equipment to track in Orders - installation tomorrow (20/12)

Go to solution

Slightly concerned that I have had no updates on the equipment delivery on the 'Your Order Progress' section of my upgrade to Full Fibre Broadband (currently only states information about the various apps and the engineers visit). As I have had no text or email from any delivery provider I can only assume that the equipment won't be delivered in advance of the engineers arrival tomorrow morning.

Can the engineer still do the relevant work without the new hub (Smart Hub 2), and crucially, will I still have connection after the fact?

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: No equipment to track in Orders - installation tomorrow (20/12)

Go to solution

@ChrisSoall 

This is just a customer to customer help forum, everyone here, including myself, are just customers.

The only BT Employees are the forum moderators.

Its possible you may get some advice from one of the forum members.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

Many thanks @Keith_Beddoe , to be honest I only reached out more of hope than expectation as I don't have the time to ring around and try and figure out what is going on. I'm sure it will all work out one way or another

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

@ChrisSoall 

If it does not get sorted tomorrow, then its possible one of the moderators could help, but they are very busy, and I cannot see much happening before the New Year.

Do you have an existing working BT Broadband connection?

If so, and the upgrade does not go to plan, then make sure Openreach do not sign it off as complete, otherwise your existing working service will be ceased, as others have already discovered.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

Many thanks @Keith_Beddoe, that is really good to know. I do have an existing working BT Broadband Service, so I'll make sure to let Open Reach know if things don't work out.

Appreciate your assistance

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

what version of BT hub do you currently have?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

@imjolly , I currently have a BT Smart Hub (I'm expecting a Smart Hub 2)

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

Have you asked for a phone service?

If not, then I think the Smart Hub may have WAN connection, but I am not sure.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

@Keith_Beddoe, no, my landline service is ceasing tomorrow as we don't really use it

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

Does your home hub have a red WAN port, as I think there were two versions of that hub.

Otherwise you can use any suitable third party router, as you do not have Digital Voice.

Its also possible that the Openreach Field Technician will have a suitable router as well as the ONT.