cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Not paying automatic compensation in full or on time

My phone and broadband went down on 11/05/24. On 21/05/24 an engineer visited, did some work on the road and left saying the problem was resolved however, the broadband still did not work. I reported the issue the same day. The same engineer came back on 28/05/24 and the problem was resolved by some more work on the road. After 30 days I was not paid automatic compensation. I called and spoke to a lady who apologised and said she would credit it manually however, she did not credit the full amount. 

I understand I do not get compensation for the first two working days which means 15/05/24 would be the first day it was due and it was fixed on 28/05/24 meaning the last full day without service was 27/05/24. This is 13 days without a fully repaired service at £9.76 per day which comes to £126.88.  I have only been compensated £85.26 with no explanation as to why they are reducing the payment. 

Not only do they not pay ‘automatic’ compensation without you having to chase it but they then don’t pay the full amount as specified by OFCOM. This is the second time in a year that this has happened so it seems to be standard practice. Last time they refused to pay anything and I had to go to the ombudsman who found in my favour but it took over 5 months to get what should have been paid ‘automatically’ and it looks like I’m going to have to do the same thing again. 

Does anybody know if there is a direct email I can use to raise this complaint with BT? I have to complain to them directly before I can go to the ombudsman and after the last debacle where they lied repeatedly I would like it in writing. 

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Not paying automatic compensation in full or on time

Its not possible to post the email here but you'll find all you need to know in the document:

complaints-code.pdf (bt.com)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquity ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra