cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

ORDI request help

Go to solution

I'm currently a Sky BB customer, with a landline through BT, and I'm attempting to move to a new BB provider (PlusNet).

After placing my order with them, and some back and forth, I've been left with this action to take from their support team:

"Our suppliers have confirmed that the telephone number: (removed) is not registered to the postcode we have on file: (removed). Reasons for this: - Your postal code was typed incorrectly when you first signed up with your current provider. - Your address has a spelling error on the system making it hard to find. We would need your current provider to update the records correctly as they know what address your line is located under. Please contact them and ask them to raise an ORDI Request to correct the line records. An ORDI is a system used to check the consistency of data across our supplier’s records and corrects any discrepancies."

My postcode is correct with both Sky and BT. Additionally, it looks like the Open Reach DB has two entries for my address - the correct one as per the Royal Mail DB, and a legacy one. When I placed my order with PlusNet I used the correct one.

Any help here would be welcome! 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: ORDI request help

Go to solution

@iain-uk 

Do you receive two separate bills, one from Sky and one from BT Retail?

This must be a very old arrangement which is no longer available.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

yes - this evolved from how things were initially set up here in 2009, which required a separate BT line rental from the then current BB provider (which was later acquired by Sky)

I'm now wondering if the simpler course of action is to consolidate things with BT for the time being

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @iain-uk, thanks for posting back and the address would need corrected first before you decide what to do with the broadband in the future.

I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team and we'll be happy to get the address record corrected for you.

Cheers

John

Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

I'm now wondering if the simpler course of action is to consolidate things with BT for the time being

Yes it would make sense to move your broadband to BT Retail. You would save money, as all BT Broadband packages include the cost of the bearer, whether its copper or fibre.

You can also get broadband without the ability to make phone calls if you want.

There is very little price difference between providers.

Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @iain-uk, your address record has now been corrected and you should be able to place your order with whichever provider you choose.

Cheers
John