cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

On home essentials 2. Copper wire is kaput - will open reach install fibre in my ‘stop sell’ area?

Go to solution

My area has fttp and my flat can get it. I believe my exchange has entered the ‘stop sell’ phase of copper products

Thing is I am on home essential 2 which gives me all the speed I need for 20 bucks a month. 

I currently have fttc and my copper wire is on the way out. Openreach are coming out to fix on Tuesday. 

if they need to replace the line will they put full fibre in instead? Would I need to lose my home essentials 2 package? I currently use a super hub 2 so I believe it’s full fibre ready

Anyone got any idea what will happen? Much thanks

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: On home essentials 2. Copper wire is kaput - will open reach install fibre in my ‘stop sell’ are

Go to solution

No, they will repair the copper. A swap to full fibre can only be done as an order from your provider, in this case BT.

You will likely be moved to FF when you next renew your contract or move to another CP.

Message 3 of 4

Re: On home essentials 2. Copper wire is kaput - will open reach install fibre in my ‘stop sell’ are

Go to solution

Much appreciated for the reply

Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

It is only the copper PSTN service being withdrawn. Copper will be here for many years to  come.