cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 20

Re: OpenReach (EE, BT, Sky) keeps cancelling my broadband order

In addition, I have received the following SMS from BT at 10.33AM Feb/15.

Hello Celik, BT here. Just a reminder, we'll call you today between 12pm and 2pm to discuss your complaint.

Calls may be recorded for training and monitoring purposes

It's 3.23PM and I haven't received any communications. I'm going to keep documenting my experience here.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 20

Have you contacted the mods as offered by @JohnC2  ?

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 20

Yes, I have responded with my account number. BT agents were able to retrieve my order history with that before.

As @JohnC2  mentioned in his private message, moderators respond within 3-5 days. I'll try calling BT again later to ask for updates on this while I wait for the moderator team's answer.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 20

My story is similar.
I ordered full fibre on 10/12/22. I have had a similar saga since. If I raise any issues, eg my availability dates to avoid openreach wasted journeys, the solution seems to be: cancel order, mark it complete and go back to the reorder process. 
I have just had my latest order cancelled. It is without details - just a brief text without a name. 
I am on my fourth order number, now all cancelled! I have been through the order process three times and had email confirmations each time. A notification says I asked for cancellation of the last order, which is wholly untrue. 
Is the order process failing, is communication between BT and Openreach failing or are both short of staff for too many orders?  The lack of explanation or feedback makes us wonder. 
I have a promise of feedback from an agent on Monday, now eight weeks from initial order. I pray that at last my order will be honoured. Am I a fool to carry on?  We will see!

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 20

I've called BT again. The first agent could not find my complaint from my account number and said there's nothing he can do and hung up.

I've called for the 2nd time. The second agent was able to find my complaint and someone from the "Early Life" team was supposed to contact me. He transferred me to this team.

Eve from this team will give me a call back on Feb/25. 2 days after my again scheduled engineer appointment.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 20

I received an SMS today at 10:32AM.

Hello Celik, BT here. Just a reminder, we'll call you today between 12pm and 2pm to discuss your complaint.

Calls may be recorded for training and monitoring purposes

The agent called me at 3.08PM to get in touch about my complaint. He confirmed there's an open order in my account. I had to explain the whole context to the agent again. They did not read the correspondence or did not have a correspondence to read from. They put me on hold for some time to figure out what happened after I explained everything again to the agent. No one knows why my order keeps being cancelled. He put me on hold for 15 mintues and I had to go back to work so I asked them to give me a call back later. I spoke with Krishta this time.

So, BT just called me to put me on hold. The agent was polite but he was just as surprised as to why this order is cancelled.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 20

Just wait for the mods to get back to you, you're wasting your time talking to anybody else.

Message 18 of 20

I've randomly received 2 return kits from RoyalMail today. I only have 1 BT SmartHub router I received before my 1st auto-cancellation. I'm assuming these are the automatically generated and sent to my address after all the auto-cancellations I had.

When re-instantiating my order, the agent told me I won't have to return anything and they linked my existing router with the new order.

I called BT today to check what's going on. Agent said to ignore the return bags I've received as he could not see any registered equipment in any of my accounts. I've talked to John this time.

On another note, I bought a 5G router and a data only SIM. Getting 300+Mbps consistently. It's half the price I'm paying for the BT contract and a lot faster than 59Mbps. If you're having problems with BT and OpenReach, I would suggest you to give 5G a try.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 20

Following the previous post on this forum, BT kept sending me SMS messages almost daily to confirm my engineer appointment. I've had a bad experience until I started writing about my experience on this forum. I think the moderators and my numerous complaints and multiple calls to BT helped.

On the 23rd of February, BT sent me the OpenReach engineer's phone number via email and the engineer arrived within the timeslot.

After the appointment I had BT internet. It's all working now. After many many cancellations, chats with various agents, it's finally resolved.

During this time I've been using my 5G router and it's 6x faster, 60% cheaper and is not bound by a 24mo contract. The 5G router also supports Wi-Fi 6 and has better range compared to BT smart hub. BT and EE not being able to provide my flat internet for 1+ month has forced me to explore alternative options and now I'm thinking if I should keep 5G or BT.

If in the future, you have similar problems and come across this post, consider 5G.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 20

Hi @celikk,
Please can you share the total turn-around time to resolve your BT/ Openreach issue?
And which 5G router did you use that worked well in the interim?
I am in a similar situation, and weighing my options.
Thank you.
0 Ratings