cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Order repeatedly cancelled

Looking for help here as BT seems completely unable to address this issue.  We moved to a new house and were due to have broadband activated on June 15. Without notice the order was cancelled despite the fact we’d received a router and paid extra to have a technician come out. After ages on the phone we had to pay to set up the service again from scratch, with service due to start Monday June 19. Another router showed up. Then we got an email saying service would start by midnight on June 20. Now, I just got two emails (identical) saying service was cancelled.  What is going on????

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Order repeatedly cancelled

Was this a new build or a new home to you?  Were you moving your existing broadband to new home?

If not a new build was previous owner moving their broadband to their new address?

Are you getting FTTC or FTTP?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

This is not a new build, it’s an old home. The prior owners had BT Broadband which had been disconnected when we moved in.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

@DeweyFamily 

Two possibilities.

The prior owners had cancelled their connection instead of allowing you to takeover the line. This would cause all new orders to fail until all of the cease tasks had been closed, and Openreach can re-use the connection. This normally takes up to 10 days after the cancellation.

The other possibility is that there are no spare ports available in the cabinet.

Use the address checker on the page below, and post the results, but edit out your address details first.

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Message 5 of 10

Thanks for replying! Here is what I get with an address lookup:  

Our records show the following FTTP network service information for these premises:-Single Dwelling Unit Residential OH Feed with no anticipated issues.

ONT exists with no active service. A spare port is available. A new ONT may be ordered.

The exchange is not in a current fibre priority programme

WLR is currently available at the exchange

SOADSL is not restricted at the exchange

The sellers of this house moved out in March, and there was a router plugged in but not active when we moved in last week. 

BT has said they don’t know what the problem is, which is frustrating since it is BT that cancels the order!

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

@DeweyFamily 

FTTP should be easy.

Call the FTTP helpdesk on 0800 587 4787, they should be able to sort this out.

Give them the serial number of the ONT, as that defines the connection path.

What lights are lit up on the ONT?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Thank you! All the lights are on except the LOS.  I’ll call BT, although essay time the cancel they seem to deactivate my order so I will likely need to reorder service. The lack of efficiency and their inability to help is shocking. 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

That would be correct.

When you connect the BT Smart Hub 2 to the ONT LAN connection (RED cable), what lights are showing on the Smart Hub 2?

Its Openreach that would be rejecting the order for some reason.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

The BT box starts with green lights, then goes orange.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Hi, @DeweyFamily welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I'm sorry to see your broadband order has been cancelled at the last moment.

I'll send you a private message in a moment so you can get in touch with the moderation team and we'll be happy to help.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings