cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Ordering new Broadband + Phone packages

At the moment I have a BT landline with the 500 minutes Calling Plan and Fibre Essentials broadband. This package is quite adequate for my needs.

Although my contract does not expire until next year, I keep getting messages about supposed 'discount'  renewal offers, so I went looking at the BT website just of our curiosity to find out what was on offer. Totally frustrated going around in circles for ages and getting nowhere fast for a process which ought to be as simple as selecting the various options that I require and then placing an order for (say) A + B + C etc.

Firstly, the broadband offers are all for products which are faster and hence more expensive than my current package. Secondly the broadband webpage says that information on calling plans is ‘on the next page’ – but there is no such page. The separate section on landline lists a 700 minutes option (again, more expensive), but there seems no equivalent for the existing 500 minutes option. 

Why is all so complicated – how do I order just what I want without having to pay over the odd for unwanted extras? At the moment I seem to end up with a 'grand total' far in excess of my current costs, which merely drives me to consider alternative providers.
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Ordering new Broadband + Phone packages

If your present contract is not due for renewal until next year why renew now.

Wait until a lot nearer your contract end date then call BT 0800.800.030 and advise them that you want to renew your contract, but you want either a better deal than what you presently have or at least the same as at present.

You may be surprised at what you will be offered by negotiating with them. If you don' get offered what you want try calling again a day or two later.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Ordering new Broadband + Phone packages

Noted, thanks.

Given that my contract does not expire for several months I have no interest in, nor intention of, renewing it at this time. I was just curious to see what the offers might be, just in case they might have been beneficial in the longer term. Also an early sight of any possible problems would be useful so that I could start looking at possible alternatives.

0 Ratings