cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Out of Contract

Hi, I've received a letter telling me I'm out of contract. I'm perfectly happy with Fiber 1, it's not missed a beat.

The price remains the same, when I went to complete the order, it asked me if I wish to set up myself. Does that mean with a new contract they will send a new hub, and will my current service have to be reactived or will it just continue?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Out of Contract

Read the letter again. I suspect you missed a paragraph about half way down to the effect that if you're happy with things as they are then you don't need to do anything.

The Smarthub2 is currently the latest so in theory if you already have one of those then you probably won't get another but going by some of the recent posts on here it's quite possible that you will.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

thanks for the reply. The letter just says head over to the website to view my deal. When I did that, it gave me a few options, it didn't mention doing nothing. I'll try and get hold of someone. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

The order form is a generic form and is used in all instances.

Your service will continue as it is at present. It does not need to be reactivated and nothing will change.  You will not automatically receive a new hub or need to do anything to make it work. 

It might be worth call BT 0800.800.030 to see if you can negotiate any reductions rather than just accepting what is on offer.  If they don't offer any thing you will have lost nothing by trying.

0 Ratings