Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Out of contract soon. Unsure what I'll pay next

Go to solution

Had the email from BT saying this...

Screenshot_20231003-191925.png

But my bill is this...

Screenshot_20231003-194638.png

Unsure what my next bill will actually cost me since line rental saver is coming to an end soon.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Out of contract soon. Unsure what I'll pay next

Go to solution

The prices you pay now will remain the same, the difference on your bill is because you have a £19.99 discount in the form of line rental saver, which is why your bill shows £27.50, add the £19.99 to that comes to £47.49 which is what the 1st image shows.

Your TV base price will also remain the same, your bill image shows you have extra addons such as HD or extra passes, they typically don't have discounts, which means the price will remain the same.

Based off your 2 images and guestimating the blanks, your monthly out of contract price will be £79.39 per month when your line rental saver ends.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

£79.39 per month? 😮😖

I don't want to pay that. My bills have gradually gone up over the years and this is the most I've ever paid. Always used to keep by TV & Broadband at about £50.

I have 40mb broadband but also have NOW TV Cinema and Entertainment and boost

Will BT offer me a better deal if I resign a contract then? I don't want to lose any services but I can live without the TV stuff 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

@apuk2004wrote:

Will BT offer me a better deal if I resign a contract then? I don't want to lose any services but I can live without the TV stuff 

Speak with the Loyalty team on what discounts are available, I'd advise trying www.bt.com/mybt for any personalised offers, you get different online exclusives, if none appeal then call and speak with a Loyalty Guide.

You're best off doing it in the last 30 days of your minimum term or when outside the minimum term, alternatively Black Friday and other seasonal discount periods are almost upon us, you never know what offers will come along then.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Probably not. I had been with them for years for tv and broadband but I was given an opportunity to shop around for my TV. I found a deal with Sky Stream that offered so much more for around the same price and they offered to discount my package by £5 bringing it down to £92... I immediately cancelled. My broadband is due in February and currently BT are offering me Full Fibre 150mbps for only £59 per month!!! In the space of a few months BT have lost a long term and previously happy customer because of their stupid retention deals and think people will happily pay over the odds 😡

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Yeah just had a look round...

Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @apuk2004,

Thank you for taking the time to reply to all of my messages.

I'm very happy that I was able to help you with all of this.

If you ever need help, please, get in touch with us.

Have a great evening,

DanielS

0 Ratings