cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 42

Re: Package prices

Go to solution

@homerhotspurwrote:

can I just clarify that you are saying line rental is included in that 42.99?

Yes as i wrote, my total bill pcm is £42.99 all inclusive for fibre 300 and payg calls inc line rental.

Message 22 of 42

Go to solution

No, that's probably about right ( I also have a tv add on). My concern was that everyone is telling me that the line rental  is included in the package offers but they aren't. I have been offered Halo 3 for £23 per month but it is really £23 + £23 + calls etc

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 42

Go to solution

So, in effect , your broadband is around £21 per month net

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 42

Go to solution

@homerhotspurwrote:

So, in effect , your broadband is around £21 per month net

Don't understand what your getting at, my package is fibre 300 including line rental for £42.99pcm, payg calls is included at same price as broadband only package due to good negotion.

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 42

Go to solution

@homerhotspur  Line rental is inclusive in package price. You are muddying the waters because you are paying line rental saver. Message 19 explains it.

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 42

Go to solution

Thanks yes, I can see that now but that doesn't explain why new packages are apparaently so cheap if they include line rental. As I say, ive been offered Halo 3 for £23 per month and others are quoting £29.99 per month but that cannot include line rental.

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 42

Go to solution

see https://www.bt.com/assets/pdf/BT_PhoneTariff_Residential.pdf for prices and info about line rental etc. these are maximum prices before any discount etc 

Message 28 of 42

Go to solution

@homerhotspurwrote:

Thanks yes, I can see that now but that doesn't explain why new packages are apparaently so cheap if they include line rental. As I say, ive been offered Halo 3 for £23 per month and others are quoting £29.99 per month but that cannot include line rental.

Halo packages cost more than non-Halo packages, £29.99 is the price of Fibre 1 which has download speeds up to 55 mbps down and 10 mbps upload, Halo has the added benefits of Halo and the download speeds are faster, up to 80 mbps down and 20 mbps upload, speed will depend on the line length for FTTC.

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 42

Go to solution

In the past when I had LRS when looking at any deals on MyBT the amount shown for my current contract was shown net of LRS as were all the offers so that I was comparing like for like.

You are being offered Halo 3 for an extra £3pm on top of your normal monthly payment - which is after deducting LRS.

Your problem is that you are paying a lot for your contract. For comparison I pay £35.39pm for Fibre 1 (with free speed uplift). MyBT offers include a straight like for like Fibre 1 24 month contract at the same price. An upgrade to Fibre Halo 3 will cost an extra £2pm. All these are inclusive of line rental since I don't pay for LRS any more and are broadband + phone.

You will need to haggle quite firmly and politely with the options team to get your contract much cheaper as it forms the starting point for further offers down the line.

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 42

Go to solution

Thank you. Yes, I think much of my problem stems from the way in which new deals are now Broadband only and I can't quite get my head around how this works. When you say you are now Broadband + phone, how do you get this as surely you need to rent the line to use the phone??

0 Ratings