cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 42

Re: Package prices

Go to solution

as has been said numerous times already all the broadband packages include line rental BUT not necessarily the ability to make/receive calls

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 32 of 42

Go to solution

@homerhotspur wrote:

Thank you. Yes, I think much of my problem stems from the way in which new deals are now Broadband only and I can't quite get my head around how this works. When you say you are now Broadband + phone, how do you get this as surely you need to rent the line to use the phone??

You need a physical line for Broadband and  Telephony, broadband doesn't arrive by magic. The rental for the physical line is included in the cost of the broadband package regardless of whether you have telephony or not. You then add a telephony package, PAYG, 700 minutes or unlimited minutes to suit your needs. Even with PAYG there can be a small extra charge on top of the broadband package (up to £2/m) which is to cover the cost of providing you with a phone number and the ability to receive incoming calls.

Does that help?

Message 33 of 42

Go to solution

Thanks, yes very helpful but I pay £7.50 for a calls plan and £19.99 per month(line saver rate) for the line which seems incredibly excessive based on what I am now being told. On top of £31 for Broadband. So, it does seem I am currently on a very bad deal indeed.

0 Ratings
Message 34 of 42

Go to solution

again this is getting you totally confused with LRS as said previously

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 35 of 42

Go to solution

Try looking at things like this:

BT offer the following-

Broadband only - you can't use a phone
Broadband plus phone - you can use a phone
A phone calling plan

You also get the chance to make a one off payment of £219.84 which entitles you to a monthly discount on your package of £19.99.

You have Broadband plus phone - Halo Fibre 2 for £50.87
A calling plan -700 minutes £7.98
The monthly cost is £58.85
BUT you have made a one off payment up front of £219.94 which means the monthly payment is £58.85-£19.99 which is £38.86.

For comparing prices with other ISPs/BT and package prices quoted on here you need to use the £58.85.

Message 36 of 42

Go to solution

What I seem to be being told is that the Broadband packages include line rental, but then you have to pay to use for calls.

I have been paying around £50 per month for my package but get £19 or so taken off because I paid up front for LRS. I also pay £7.50 for calls . But, it seems people are saying that I should be paying the £7.50 for calls plus maybe a nominal amount for using the line. My Line rental, element of the package is around £20 per month and that is my issue.

0 Ratings
Message 37 of 42

Go to solution

Sorry to be blunt but to keep posting the same thing isn't going to achieve anything. As I said before, only a conversation with billing will tell you why you appear to be paying over the odds.

Message 38 of 42

Go to solution

@homerhotspur wrote:

What I seem to be being told is that the Broadband packages include line rental, but then you have to pay to use for calls.

Yes, exactly.

You seem to be making the same mistake that many people make and think that line rental somehow has something to do with telephony, it doesn't. You can't have any form of service without a line.

Just accept that there is no such thing as line rental anymore, there are just broadband packages that give a discount for paying something nominally called line rental upfront for twelve months.

Why on earth BT persist with something called Line Rental saver is beyond me!

Message 39 of 42

Go to solution

response to rbz5416

Its a perfectly fair point and I agree that is what I need to do but then someone sends me another helpful post and I feel it polite to explain why I still feel something doesn't quite make sense. I suppose when I do phone BT, I should be suggesting I pay a nominal extra amount for monthly Line rental rather than the current figure.

0 Ratings
Message 40 of 42

Go to solution

@homerhotspur wrote:

response to rbz5416

I suppose when I do phone BT, I should be suggesting I pay a nominal extra amount for monthly Line rental rather than the current figure.

There is no negotiating line rental cost as everyone keeps posting the package price include line rental - it is not a separate negotiation

0 Ratings