cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 17

I have FTTP but every operator thinks I don't.

Go to solution

Hello.

I have a huge problem. I am currently using Halo 100 broadband package but on 4th November my contract ends. Wanted to upgrade but my only available option is max 5Mbps. That goes for every operator using Openreach network.
I checked Openreach and other broadband checkers and it says that I don't have Fibre, even though I am using it right now.
I have had FTTP installed 2 years ago. I don't know what to do. About an year ago I remember when I was checking BT I could get everything up to 1000Mbps.
Checked my addresses and everything looks fine/the same as before.

I am really desperate at this stage. Can someone help me?

Regards,
Slawomir

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17

Re: I have FTTP but every operator thinks I don't.

Go to solution

@Verius024 

Use the address checker on the page below, and post the results, but edit out your address details first.

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Message 3 of 17

Go to solution

Thanks of reply.

Here are my results:

Verius024_0-1695208461874.png

Verius024_0-1695211556313.png

This one is showing that FTTP is not available, even though I am using it right now

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 17

Go to solution

you can try phoning FTTP TEAM 08005874787and get them to check quoting the serial number from ONT

you can also try retentions 08007831401 and see if they can help you with a renewal package upgrade

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 17

Go to solution

As you already have FTTP and want a faster speed, then Call the FTTP helpdesk on 0800 587 4787 for an upgrade.

FTTP does not come from the cabinet, which is why its not showing.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 17

Go to solution

I have called and explained my situation. I have been told I cannot upgrade as I don't have FTTP.
I have explained again that I have and I am using it right now but operator still said that I don't have it...it's crazy

I really don't know what to do...

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 17

Go to solution

@imjollywrote:

you can try phoning FTTP TEAM 08005874787and get them to check quoting the serial number from ONT

you can also try retentions 08007831401 and see if they can help you with a renewal package upgrade

@Verius024  The advice above is sound. Request they check the ONT serial number which you have noted.

Check also your MyBT account which will detail the package you currently have.

While you're waiting for advice, you were advised to edit out your address before showing the checker results.

This is a PUBLIC forum and may be harvested for email addresses posted by the unwary!

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 17

Go to solution

The UPRN check shows that an ONT is fitted ( which is correct as you have FTTP ) but the address checker doesn’t , so there is apparently some mismatch between them , if you use a UPRN checker does the UPRN you posted identify the correct property, and is your address identical to what the Royal Mail keeps for your address ?.

If BT are your provider you could ask for a ORDI ( Openreach data integrity ) check , so that any error or omission between what OR have and your actual postal address can be corrected.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 17

Go to solution

Address are correct and match with Royal Mail.

Can you guide me how can I ask for ORDI and ONT serial number check. 
I have called number that was provided in previous post but nobody could help me with that.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 17

Go to solution

Thanks, edited it.

Edit.
Spoke with 2 operators. One disconnected and told me he'll call me in 5 mins - didin't called and has been 40 mins.
Second op told me that it's Openreach issue and she can't do anything with it (asked for ORDI and ONT serial number check).
I am losing all hope at this stage.

0 Ratings