cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Paper Bill fee

Go to solution

Been with BT since the year dot.

Switched to paper free billing many years ago when such things became fashionable. Current package has been in place for 18 months. 

Normally receive an e-mail monthly to confirm the previous month's charges.

Today I've received a paper bill - quite unexpected and certainly out of the norm. Charges look to be in line with what I've signed up for but also note a £3.00 fee for a paper bill being a service I haven't signed up for. The only out of the ordinary transaction is an overseas call. Could this have been the trigger for issuing a paper bill?

Tried to contact BT - 'lines very busy' (isn't that the case whoever you try to contact?). Hence reaching out to the BT Community to see if anyone else has had the same issue and how they responded.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Paper Bill fee

Go to solution

Hi @guylingford I noticed you were posting about having issues downloading BT Virus protect recently and contacted the helpdesk. I wonder have they made a change to your BT ID which has inadvertently caused this issue,  I'll be able to help put it right for you and will send a private message so you can send over your details.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @NeilO thanks for remembering me and the issue. Yes, all sorted out now. Yes, I did need to get a new BT ID and once that was in place (took about 30 mins in all) I was able to progress.

I do still feel a bit miffed with BT on this issue. I wasn't using services provided by McAfee (rightly or wrongly I was relying on Windows Defender) so didn't really need to sign up for Norton. However it is now running on my laptop and seems to chug away in the background without being obvious.

I'm therefore content with where I am even if it isn't where I expected to be.

I'd love to get the answer to the Paper Bill fee though. I can understand the charge if I'd asked for a paper bill - but I haven't.......

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

@guylingford No problem, I'm sorry for any confusion caused, BT Virus protect is an extra included with your broadband package and you're not obligated to use it. We changed suppliers and let customers know that if they wanted to continue using it they would have to update to Noton.

With regards to the charge if you reply to my private message we'll get that sorted as I appreciate you didn't ask to be moved back to paper bills and this was inadvertently done to resolve an issue with your BT ID.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

And have now got the answer on the paper bill.

When my new BT ID was set up a few weeks ago the agent set the bill type to 'paper' rather than electronic.

Have now spoken to 'James' at one of the call centres who has talked me through the steps to change the bill type (as I was already logged in to My BT) and will arrange for the fee to be reimbursed.

I'm content!

Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

@guylingford I'm glad you got that sorted.

Neil

0 Ratings