cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Phone line and broadband ceased

I moved into new apartment on 1st of November and decided to go with BT for the first time. I had been with a previous broadband provider for 8 years.

My BT Broadband supposed to go live November the 5th but it didn't and due to this BT TV wasn't working. I Went through loads of troubles calling BT literally single other work day between lunch breaks or after meetings, I spoke with different engineers trying me to do same thing over and over again but the result stayed the same. An Engineer finally attended unannounced on the 1st December around 10:40am and rectified the issue within 10 minutes.

Now only 3 months later I get a text message on Thursday the 3rd March (see attached). "Another customer is trying to take over your line..."  I called BT 20 mins later after I received the text and spoke to customer services who mentioned it's probably someone else moved into the building and got the wrong apartment number. I was put on hold while she cancelled the request and told me I will receive a confirmation of cancellation. On the following day Friday 4th March I get a similar automated text message. (Please see attached). I replied on the automated text TWICE confirming not to cancel the line. NO that's its not right and then NOT MOVING to let them know I am not moving and not requested for anyone to cancel the line.

So after confirming not to cancel my broadband 3 times. Twice replying to automated text and once over the phone to speaking to customer service. Today I get home from work early to finish off some work for a project and my broadband has now been ceased. I have got projects to complete and the days I planned to work over time and from home they have cancelled the broadband. They said it would take 5 WORKING days to get it back online and I will get a call after 6PM.

It's absolutey redicilous I have only been with BT for less than 6 months and experience has been awful. I'm on the edge of cancelling this all and starting from fresh with another broadband supplier where I don't have to go through all of this in the space of 5 months.

IMG_2051.jpgIMG_2050-2.jpg

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Phone line and broadband ceased

Hi @RonnyGyamfi21

Thank you for your post and welcome back to the community!

I am very sorry to see that your services have been disconnected.  It's really not good enough given the fact that you replied and contacted separately on 3 occasions to make sure this didn't happen.  I understand how annoyed and frustrated you must feel.

We'll pick this up and straighten everything out.  I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

I was told that I would get a phone call after 6pm today. I'm yet waiting for that call. I also received a text

"Hello, BT here.
Thanks for your order. Your service will start on 07 Apr 2022, ant time up until 23:59"

So I have to wait another 2 weeks for my broadband to come back. I never asked for the broadband to be cancelled. This absolutely ridiculous. My complaint raised yesterday has also been closed after they credited me £25 and told me someone will call me after 6pm and that my broadband will back in 5 days.

I would like an engineer on site and my broadband to back online this week. This is service has been terrible. I keep getting told we call back. We'll pass you to tech team to get you back online and now two weeks.

I have raised a complaint and will call tomorrow until I speak to someone who can escalate it and get my broadband back this week...

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Did you respond to @@RobbieMac 's PM?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Yes

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

any updates?
could I at least get sent a hotspot or something???

Waiting to 7th April is not ideal and yes I responded to the private message on the same day

0 Ratings