cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Poor prices for existing customers?

Hi all,

When we started our contract (24 months, Full Fibre 100) it was £29.99. Now the contract is over, the bill has jumped significantly to £44.35 which I know is fairly standard. The issue is when I got to see upgrade deals, they are not deals, they are similar prices to my existing payments (£42.35 for the same package). I can see new customers are offered significantly better deals.

I just want to check, do BT offer actual deals to keep customers or is the only way to reduce broadband cost appropriately to move to a different provider?

- The Fat Fish

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Poor prices for existing customers?

All companies whether it be broadband, mobile phone, gas, insurance etc etc do not look after existing long term customers. All you can do is go through to the retentions department and say you want to leave. They can normally do a deal to keep you. 

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

When my contracts have been due for renewal I've always been offered a similar or cheaper price to "new customer" rates. I also keep an eye on the offers page on MyBT and will happily recontract early if the offer is fair and competitive.

I think they're like all companies in that the more products you have, the more they want to keep you. My total spend with BT is probably only £10 a month more than it was 8 years ago ... We've got VIP TV pack, G-fast and my mobile which is now with EE... Can't fault BT/EE really. For perspective, my monthly spend is around £150 .

I assume I'm also low risk because I've never paid a bill late..

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

There were several threads at the start of March about re-contracting to avoid the price rise as this had been confirmed by the mods that this was possible All you had to do was look at the MyBT offers to see your options.

It is always sensible to regularly review the offers as they vary from absolute rubbish to is this price true - I have always rung to check and recontract even if it is less than 6 months after the last contract started.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

@TheFatFish 

Try phoning the options team and see what you can negotiate making sure you know what BT are currently offering in the press.  If not happy don't accept and try again later 0800800030

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings