cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Price of BT broadband & phone includes line rental?

Go to solution

I am just looking at the BT broadband and phone deals on this BT website

BT quote that 35Mbps Fibre Essential broadband plus phone costs £36.99 per month.

Does anyone know if that includes BT line rental?

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Price of BT broadband & phone includes line rental?

Go to solution

@Elms 

Yes it does, all BT Packages include the cost of the line which carries the broadband, whether its copper or fibre.

They are slightly cheaper if you do not need a phone.

https://www.bt.com/broadband/broadband-without-landline

Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

Also remember you may also be moved over to digital voice calls for phone if you have dont already have the service. As most companies are no longer offering the old phone service to new customers.

i got moved digital voice calls or internet calls as some call it over 8 months ago and have never used the service but  I very rarely use the phone line to make calls now.

Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

@neywrote:

Also remember you may also be moved over to digital voice calls for phone if you have dont already have the service. As most companies are no longer offering the old phone service to new customers.

Digital Voice will be included already, the PSTN is no longer sold, all new provisions will be DV

Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

By ‘line rental’ do you mean the ability to make and receive telephone calls ? , using a random address , fibre essential without telephone is £31.99,  essential broadband and phone £36.99 , so at the price you quote it includes telephone, but someone taking broadband only at £31.99 , although it doesn’t include  but it does include  ‘line rental’ , line rental and telephone are not the same thing .

Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

Would anyone how I arrange things with my existing ISP when I sign up for BT broadband?

I currently have a BT line and a BT phone, but my ISP is Plusnet (via an ADSL connection on the BT line). 

I want to change my ISP to BT (which I believe is necessary in order to get BT Digital Voice), but how can I do this with minimal interruption to my Internet?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

@Elms 

Just place an order with BT online & the switch will take place typically 14 days later.

As for disruption, there should be none bar a short changeover period on the day.

Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

Hi @Elms   Very important, don't tell your existing provider that you are leaving. It messes up the smooth switch over.

Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

Does anyone know how quickly BT send you a Smart Hub 2 and switch on your BT broadband after you place an order for this online? 

If I order in the next few days, will it be arranged before Christmas, do you think?

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

@Elms 

It depends on what type of order you place, and whether Openreach have any appointments left. You won`t know that until you place your order, as you should be given an activation date.