cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Problem logging into MyBT

Go to solution

Hi

Every time I try to log into MyBT it takes me to my BT email inbox. If I try to navigate to MyBT it takes me back to the log-in page and then back to emails again. Please can you help to stop this happening?

Thanks

Pat

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Problem logging into MyBT

Go to solution

Hi, @PatMoore123 welcome to the community and thanks for posting. That would indicate you're logging in with a BT email address that has not been set up as a BT ID. Would you have used a different email address to set up your MyBT account previously?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Hi Neil, thanks for getting back to me. I've just tried an old "freeserve" email address as a login but BT are telling me they do not recognise it. So I don't think there's another email address set up as a BT ID. 

Thanks

Pat

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

@PatMoore123 Thanks for trying that, have you ever set up a BT ID before? If you've been a customer for a long time it's possible to have a BT email address but have never set up a  BT ID.

If you follow the create a BT ID process does that work? 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Hi Neil, I have setup a BT ID and the website now opens but it does not link to my account. I have tried adding the account multiple times without success. It says that it is added and will take 5mins to update but it is still not there. Do you have any suggestions to resolve this problem please?

Thanks 

Pat

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @PatMoore123, thanks for doing that and sorry you can't get the account to link to the BTID.

I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team and we'll be happy to help you get this fixed.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks for sending over the details @PatMoore123 .

I'm glad I was able to get this sorted for you.

All the best

David

0 Ratings