cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Problem with my address not registered in the BT external box

Hi 

Any help would be appreciated. 

A long story short, I'm now waiting for over two months to have BT broadband connected. The problem seems to be that for some reason my address is not registered on Open Reach system, which means the engineers can't connect my ONT to the external splitter which would give me a connection? 

The third engineer who came yesterday explained that a Floor Base Co-ordinator (FBC) is needed to register my address. Can anyone suggest how I might contact a FBC at Open Reach? I've asked BT advisers to do this a number of times but no luck. 

Cheers,

Patrick 

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Problem with my address not registered in the BT external box

do you have Bt broadband or with another ISP?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

I have ordered BT broadband - new flat in new building with Open Reach ONT installed 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Its Field Based Coordinator ( FBC ) , and you cannot contact them directly, if it’s BT that you are using , then BT should deal with OR , if there is an issue with addressing, is this a new build property ?

How are you getting OR engineer visits , if as you state , BT cannot identify your address on OR systems ?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

yes, a new build property which is listed and matching no problem on the National data base but for some reason Open Reach still haven't registered the property
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

if you are getting FTTP from BT and you already have ONT then phone FTTP TEAM 08005874787 and have the serial number handy when you phone and they should be able to get it sorted for you

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

If your address is new build , then the ONT should be fitted before you move in , if it were DSI ( developer self install ) it’s fitted  by the developer, (although OR are required to splice the fibre )  , or installed by Openreach (once the developer calls off the address as ready for occupation ) irrespective it should be before you move in, it’s only if the developer has effectively gave no notice to OR , that you will have moved in before the ONT was authenticated onto the OLT , so you wouldn’t normally even see an OR technician.
What is the status of the PON light on the ONT , off ( in which case the LOS light should be lit ) flashing green ( receiving light but not authenticated ) or steady green ( authenticated by the OLT )
Newsites are different to retro build FTTP in that when the address is called off as RFS ( ready for service ) it’s likely still to be known as a plot number not a postal address

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

have now called the BT team and given them the serial number and they are looking into it. Thanks. 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Yes, it's very likely that my property is still considered as a plot number rather than a postal address. Apparently it's only the FBC who can sort this out and I believe that BT are now trying to contact the FBC at Open Reach to get my postal address registered on their system, if I understand correctly. Many thanks.  Will keep you posted. 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

The PON light is off and LOS light is flashing green

0 Ratings