cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Problems with BT reward

Go to solution

Hi, in September/October I signed up with BT for broadband and the online offer was a reward card for £120. I called and asked how to claim it as it wasn’t on my account. I was told it would go on my account via an email after my Broadband was installed. After my instal there was still nothing so I spoke to someone on the chat service who said it would be after 14 working days. I spoke to another person when I still hadn’t received it and was told they could see I was entitled but they didn’t know why I hadn’t received it and they would raise it.  More weeks go by and nothing. I called on 29th November again and was told that they have 40 days to issue the reward. I waited till the 40 days.. this evening I spent an hour on the phone for the customer service department to tell me I should have screenshot the offer to prove it was on and what the value was. I argued multiple times with a large company such as BT it did not cross my mind to screenshot their offers Incase they backed out! I advised they would know what offers they offered and what the terms were and the lady spoke to a manager who said sorry we’ve messed you around… you can have a £60 voucher for your trouble. This is completely bizzare service! I cannot believe I’m being asked to provide a screenshot for an offer that I inquired about multiple times… that they have records of my chasing… yet they won’t give me it because I didn’t screenshot it?! You can literally google the offer and it shows it! Every agent I spoke to said it would go on? Im so fed up with this terrible service! 

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Problems with BT reward

Go to solution

Good morning @jenniferbon,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us.

I am so sorry that you're being asked so many questions. We have a Gift Card team who can check your order for us and tell us if it's eligible for the offer that you saw online. I think that it would be best if we took a look into it and did our best to help you. I've sent you a private message that you can reply back to.

Thanks
DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

I’ve had someone tell me there is nothing they can do because it didn’t go on to my account when I ordered despite being eligible. I asked the day after placing my order how to claim and I was told it was coming but would be after install. I have been told several times since that it was going to be put on but I’ve just been told because I didn’t screenshot it. It isn’t going on?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

Thanks for replying back to the private message that I sent you.

My team will pick it up with the next couple of working days and do all we can to help.

Thanks
DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

Hello,

I spoke to your customer agent, abysmal service but never mind. Following the call I emailed him directly and said please may I have a dead lock letter as I would like to pass this on to the ombudsmen. Oddly he didn’t reply but shortly after my complaint was closed and £60 credited to my account. Please remove your credit from my account and send me the letter of deadlock as requested in writing. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @jenniferbon and thanks for the update.

Do you have the link you placed the order through?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

Which order sorry? The original one for my broadband? I don’t as this was placed in September. 

kind regards 

Jennifer 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @jenniferbon ,

Yes the original order associated with the reward card. Was it through a 3rd party offer or cashback site?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @jenniferbon

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me this afternoon.

I am sorry for all the problems with your reward card.  Everything that we agreed on your phone has now been applied 😊

I'll go ahead and close off your complaint from here but if you need a hand in future, you know where we are.

All the best,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

Thank you, I really appreciate your help and listening to me ramble!