cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Re: Account Cancelled Without Request

This is exactly what they have done to me,i was happy with service never asked to be disconnected,they were suppose to disconnect line only and appears i have a 477.00 disconnect charge which i will not pay as this is there fault,how incompitent is this company,fortunately i still have month to fix,employing the most stupid people on the planet,when my contract ends with thes cowboys i promise im going to sky

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

@luke1901 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

This is just a customer to customer help forum, everyone here, including myself, are just customers.

The only BT Employees are the forum moderators.

If you asked for your line to be disconnected, and you were still in a contract, then you would have to pay cancellation charges for any services that were using that line. What did you expect?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Thank you

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

I think you have misunderstood,i have not asked to be disconnected at any time,so lets make that clear,i was paying 64.00 a month for basic internet fibre,they told me if i had the digital line close i could reduce my bill by 10.00 per month,instead of disconnecting line they have appeared to disconnect the whole service,so what i exspect for you information ,i exspect reasonable people to chat to on here,but i find your tone rude and your knowledge very limited

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

@luke1901 

when you asked for your line to be disconnected was your intention for your ability to make calls to stop and for you to go broadband only?    if so then you made a mistake as cancelling ability to make calls (cancelling your line as you put it) automatically cancels your broadband hence your cancellation charges

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

@luke1901 This is just a customer to customer help forum, everyone here, including myself, are just customers.

The only BT Employees are the forum moderators.

You need to raise the issue with BT, and find out what you agreed to, when you rang them.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Good advice to the OP. However, it does appear from a number of postings on this Forum that BT call centre staff are often not very good at explaining to customers what the advantages and ramifications of the various contract options are.
So we do hear of quite a few inexpert customers not getting what they think they asked for.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

@luke1901 wrote:

I think you have misunderstood,i have not asked to be disconnected at any time,so lets make that clear,i was paying 64.00 a month for basic internet fibre,they told me if i had the digital line close i could reduce my bill by 10.00 per month,instead of disconnecting line they have appeared to disconnect the whole service,so what i exspect for you information ,i exspect reasonable people to chat to on here,but i find your tone rude and your knowledge very limited

It appears my previous post was correct and you intended to move from broadband with phone to broadband only without realising that cancelling your phone capability would automatically cancel your broadband and phone contract.  You then need a new broadband only contract which will reduce cost by more likely £5pm the £10.  

Unfortunately your lack of knowledge that cancelling your ability to make calls ( cancel your line) automatically cancels your existing broadband with phone contract

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings