cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Re: My BT showing wrong account number

Go to solution

Hi @NeilO ,

I am also having the same issue as others (old account number displayed - and I can’t see my monthly broadband bills as a result of being shown my old inactive account with an old account number). 

Please could you help?

thanks,

Patrick 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Go to solution

Hi, @Patrick6 welcome to the community and thanks for posting. Is your new account number showing in the drop-down list?

If it's not there, you can add that by logging into MyBT in a web browser. Click 'Your details' then 'Account' scroll down and click Add an account. 

We can remove the old account details and I'll send a private message so you can send over your details to the Moderation team.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @NeilO ,

Thanks so much for the quick response.

my new account number is not in the drop down list. 

All I can see is my old account number. 
When I go through the process of adding my new current account number in, I have to type it in full into the box - the issue is I only know the last 4 digits of my new account number (the rest are hidden in my email alerts telling me I have a new bill) and I can’t view my bills to get the rest of the number - which is the reason I am trying to fix this in the first place! 

What can I do?

thanks for the help in advance, much appreciated. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Hi, @Patrick6 If you're getting ebill alerts for your new account number it would indicate that your new account has been linked to your BT ID. It might be a fault causing it not to be available from the drop-down list.

If reply to the private message I sent we'll be happy to help you get this sorted. 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Hi, @Patrick6 I'm glad I was able to help you get this resolved.

Neil

0 Ratings