cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Re: New BT Smart Hub 2 on it's way..

I already have a Smart Hub 2 and they sent me a new one and I'm now receiving messages to post back my old Smart Hub 2!!?? Why?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

only reason I can think of is your SH2 is an old original and is not capable of being used for digital voice

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

It can be very confusing, BT have changed their contract model so they now own the hub and it has to be returned if you cancel broadband, no great problem as BT are now responsible for faults on the hub and it is no use anyway if you change broadband providers. I had a problem probably because I had previously bought a smarthub 2 (special offer with BT pensioner discount) but did not like it as I had problems with Sky Q mini boxes where they clashed with the 5Ghz band, so changed back to the original smarthub where you can split frequencies. BT asked for the old hub back but did not get it because I had bought it. Had to send copies of receipts to prove it was mine.

However I don't know the solution as I don't want the smarthub 2 unless I can split the frequencies as not being able to gives various problems with different devices. In the end I turned of 5Ghz and everything works fine but not a good solution.

0 Ratings