cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Re: Problems with BT reward

I am having exactly the same problem as so many other users here - no trace of the promised BT reward. My broadband is installed and working fine - now how do I access the reward please?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Hello, 

My experience was that I found the offer on uswitch that stated there was a reward card available. I clicked through to the offer and there was different options for broadband packages and each had a different reward card value based on package. I selected a package that had a reward card and completed my order but didn’t see anything about the card so I called and queried it. I was told it would go ok after install, I didn’t get anything so called back and was told 2 weeks after install. This happened a number of times until one agent told me that if I’d never received the confirmation email, it was because it was never valid and I should have screenshot the offer. I had to call numerous times and speak to some really quite shocking staff members until it was responded to via this forum. It was about the 8th person I spoke to, that actually helped. I don’t know your individual circumstances and what offer applied at the time, or whether you’ve received your confirmation email. If you’re not happy I would suggest raising a formal complaint, if you’re not happy with the outcome I would get advice from offcom which is what I had to do in the end! 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Hi @Lionbay, welcome to the forum and sorry you're having a problem with your reward.

Did you place your order via a 3rd party website? ie like MSE or Broadband Choices?

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Was this a cash reward applied direct from BT? Or was it applied by a third party, like giftcloud etc?

If it was BT themselves, then it's BT who should deal with it for you. And also if it was an offer directly through BT, then when was your broadband activated, days ago?, or weeks ago? Does it show any information in the order on your mybt account, or in your order confirmation emails regarding how long after activation that you would receive the reward?

Or if the offer was made by a third party, iv seen it be said that it is the third party you need to contact. So if for example it was giftcloud, then it's giftcloud you need to contact. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Hi John, no, l accessed the BT link directly from gocompare.com, but the online form didn't work. I raised a help request and a nice chap from BT called me directly. I clearly identified the offer l was interested in, and naively assumed that was that. The broadband was only installed yesterday, but l suspect that this issue will not resolve itself, even if l wait.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Hi @Lionbay, thanks for posting back. Did you mention the reward as part of the order when they called you to place the order?

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

@JohnC2 to be honest, I did not specifically mention the reward. But I clearly identified the offer, i.e. monthly rental cost etc.

Had I only known that BT is unlikely to know their own offers, I would have taken a screenshot(!) There seems to be a BT page dedicated to rewards, but when I tried it earlier it was down for maintenance. Will try it later again - anyone know if that approach works?

0 Ratings