cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Re: Quoted £59.99 for Fibre Essential?

I am 80 years old and asked for a cheaper broadband package. My mobile was moved to EE but I was given Halo 500 broadband. Are OAP’s being ripped off?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

@162084 

I moved your post to start your own thread so you can get replies to your question instead of getting caught up in someone else post.

There are no concessions for OAP as they use internet just like anyone else  there are cheaper deals like Home Essentials if you qualify

https://www.bt.com/exp/broadband/home-essentials?s_cid=con_bt_dg-home_awin_aff_vidAJM_110483-Editori...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 3

@162084 ,

To add to @imjolly's post along with the social tariffs, called HOME Essentials you also have the normal bandwidth tiers (below is for full fibre as it sounds like you are have full fibre already)

• Full Fibre Essential - speed of 36Mbps download
  • Full fibre 1 - speed of 50Mbps download
  • Full fibre 2 - speed of 74Mbps download
  • Full fibre 100 - speed of 150Mbps download
  • Full fibre 500 - speed of 500Mbps download
  • Full fibre 900 - speed of 900Mbps download

You don't have to go for the top bandwidth tier.  If you just go to do online shopping, emails and some web browsing or maybe one device watching BBC iPlayer in standard HD as an example then 36Mbps download would be fine.

Also Halo is an extra add on that gives other benefits - see https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/learn-about-broadband/bt-halo/what-is-bt-halo-and-how-can-i-get-it... for more info on halo

0 Ratings