cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Re-contract offer

Keeping costs down and not requiring blistering speeds 'am quite happy with current contract (despite being conned into migrating my mobile to EE after which the price went up.... I digress). Now offered chance to re-contract broadband for same price (no mention of landline 700mins package & Basic BT tv), but then find they want £100 for upgraded modem presumably for full fibre which is being rolled out here. Rather save money for heating bill, so what happens if I just ignore the "upgrade" offer and carry on with my BT Smart Hub 6? My current contact expires in2024.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Re-contract offer

Nothing, you will just carry on as before.

Are you sure it's £100 and not £10 delivery charge?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

It's hard to comment not having seen the offer, but presumably you don't need an SH2 or BT would have already supplied you with one so it sounds like another marketing ploy.

If you have smart devices around the house and are happy with the performance of the SH1 then keep it, you can't split the 2.4 and 5 GHz networks on the SH2 which appears to be causing some people problems when it comes to their smart devices.

You won't have a choice if your phone line is upgraded to Digital Voice, you will have to have the SH2 then and it will more likely than not be supplied free of charge at that point

Message 4 of 7

Yep, Definetly £100, maybe I should've negotiated when I applied for my Wayleave agreement. Will wait and see, not making a quick decision like last time lol 😉

Message 5 of 7

Hmm, that doesn't sound right, I'll ask if the mods can shed any light on that.

Message 6 of 7

@RobinP welcome back to the community and thanks for posting, when upgrading or regrading the router is normally provided free of charge with a possible £10 delivery fee. 

If you'd like to send over your details we can clarify what's been offered and if the charge is correct, I'll send you a private message in a moment so you can get in touch with the moderation team.

Thanks

Neil

Message 7 of 7

Thank you, will do when home. 

0 Ratings