cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Received letter 19th Jan 2022 saying Upgrade to BT Halo 3+ this January for £5 extra per month

Went onto website bt.com/jan_sale_3 and logged on with BT ID. There were no offers based at £5 extra. Called BT number 0800 022 3201 on letter and they stated letter was sent out in error and other people had called. They said the offer had been withdraw and was sent out in error. How ever I rechecked the website and there is now a link, I clicked on it and logged in and message aks me to call 0800 800 150. What is going on? anyone else received this letter.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Received letter 19th Jan 2022 saying Upgrade to BT Halo 3+ this January for £5 extra per month

Hi Oliveraw

Some letters were sent in error to customers with incorrect offers on them. I'm really sorry you were one of these customers and for any confusion caused. There isn't an offer to add Halo 3+ for an extra £5 per month and that is why you have been told it is not possible to get this when you called. If you would like to discuss your package you can call our Loyalty team on 0800800150 and they'll be happy to help.

Thanks 

Stuart

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Re: Received letter 19th Jan 2022 saying Upgrade to BT Halo 3+ this January for £5 extra per month

Hi!  I also received a letter yesterday, with a offer to upgrade from my current broadband package, BT Halo 2 with Complete Wi fi, to halo 3 with Wi fi at a reduced price than i currently pay. Can see i had an email from BT this morning saying sorry but the letters were sent out in error, though the website address at the bottom of the letter i got yesterday still works, as does the offer price?     

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Hi!     Just had another email from BT stating that "dont miss out on your offer" saying the same price i had in my letter yesterday. As this was not BT halo 3 + as others have mentioned, but simply BT Halo 3 (plus complete wifi), which is a upgrade (without much difference in product but quite a difference in price than what i am currently paying) from BT Halo 2 (with WiFi) that i currently have, maybe these mistake emails are not directed at myself(?), its BT trying to get me on a new 24 month contract, but at quite a reduced price.(Which i have to say, even with upcoming price increases, is quite tempting!).

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Hi Stuart, I hear what you are saying however, I wasted quarter of an hour on the website and an hour on the telephone calling the number from the letter. And your asking me to waste another hour, not very good customer service.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Yes I've had something similar. A letter saying "Upgrade to full fibre 100 for £34.99" in their January sale, which confused me as there are adverts on the TV for full fibre for £24.99 in the January sale. I rang the number at the bottom of the letter to speak to a human to get some clarification. 0800 587 0017. only to be greeted by a machine telling me that this number no longer receives calls. WTF?!! I've only had the letter for 3 days. So as a final resort I tried the website link on the letter, "bt.com/jan_sale_100" That doesn't take you anywhere but to another search engine. The incompetence is astounding, BT clearly do not know what they are doing. I'm not wasting my time chasing them to remain a customer, I'll just let my contract expire, then find another ISP. There's loads out there fighting for your business, & hopefully they won't send out garbage mailshots like this. 

0 Ratings