cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Refer a friend scheme

Question regarding 'Refer a friend scheme' 

I have consulted the full T's & C's for this scheme but can not conclude if it is possible to refer a friend onto a 12 month contact for broadband. 

I have a 12 month student package and have shared the link with a friend, however on the landing page on the friends laptop - all deals presented are 24 month terms. 

Is this just a case of 'non applicable' on any contracts lower than 18/24 months and if it is may I raise a concern. As a student who has a 12 month tenancy or even for someone who might only want a shorter term contact (especially in this day and age) I find it unfair that we also cannot avail of this promotion.

It has a feeling of 'offer available to new customers only', which I believe by now people have realised - if brands don't support loyalty, as a consumer it only irritates and influences next year's renewal to look elsewhere.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Refer a friend scheme

is your friend a student and therefore can get 12month student broadband otherwise normal new customer terms of 24 months

https://www.bt.com/broadband/student-deals

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Yes, as outlined above they are a student. I am also a student.

I'm afraid my point may have been missed so allow me to reiterate, I am asking specifically about the refer a friend scheme which BT offer and it's finer terms and conditions which I have also consulted fully, there is no mention of student packages. 

I believe the choice wording is 'Qualifying Broadband Product' - source: BT Broadband Refer a Friend Terms PDF point 9.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

@Dan2230 - Did you and your friend manage to get £50 each even though he signed up via a student deal?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Hi @Akbart

The student deal isn't a qualifying package for the Refer a Friend offer.  Clicking on the Refer a Friend link will show you the available packages that include the £50 as part of that scheme.

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings