cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Refused basic broadband

Go to solution

Hi I already have the basic phone line with bt but I tried to get the basic broadband and it’s not letting me can anyone help me with this as I don’t get why they approved one and declined the other thanks 

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Refused basic broadband

Go to solution

@jolenetgold 

Its not called BT Basic anymore.

See https://www.bt.com/broadband/home-essentials

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

It’s still saying the same 

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

if you qualify for essentials then phone CS 150 and they will be able to help you

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Hi, @jolenetgold What error message are you getting when trying to order online?

Home Essentials Plans are available for anyone on one or more of these state benefits:

• Universal Credit (all claimants)
  • Pension Credit (Guarantee Credit)
  • Income Support
  • Jobseeker’s Allowance
    You need to be receiving income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance to qualify for Home Essentials. People on contribution-based only JSA are not eligible. If you receive both income and contribution-based JSA, your income-based JSA must be higher.
  • Employment and Support Allowance
    You need to be receiving income-related Employment and Support Allowance to qualify for Home Essentials. People on contribution-based only ESA are not eligible. If you receive both income and contribution-based ESA, your income-based JSA must be higher.

The person in receipt of one of the above state benefits must be the BT Account Holder of the Home Essentials Plan.

Thanks

Neil

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

They want a £50 deposit for the internet package if I add it on I don’t know why 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Hi, @jolenetgold Deposits are sometimes requested from existing customers, if you speak to the credit referrals team on 0800 917 0122 they'll explain why this is needed to proceed with your order. 

They're open 8am - 8pm Mon to Fri
8am - 7pm Sat
9am - 6pm Sun

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings