cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Remove a name from my bill

Go to solution
Hi, I’m struggling to get a name removed from my bill after several repeated attempts phoning BT directly . I’m both the account holder and bill payer. The person no longer lives at my home address. Does anyone know whether there is something I can do within my account settings that will remove this person. Thanks 
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Remove a name from my bill

Go to solution

@rnuma 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

There can only be one name on the bill, and that would be the account holder. Are you sure you are the account holder, and not just an account manager who can still pay the bill and manage the account, but could not remove or change the account manager?

The account holder would be the one who originally started the service and would be bound by the terms of any contract.

If you are not the account holder then you would need to apply for service in your name. That would result in you taking over the line in your name only. The account holder would then be responsible for any cancellation charges if they are still in a contract.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks for your quick response. There is definitely 2 names on the bill and I am the account holder. The other name on the bill was a friend who was staying with me then that needed a bill for proof of address. She has since moved and I want to remove her from the bill. She is not the account holder.

Thanks for your help.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

have you gone to MYBT and if you are account holder should be able to remove the other name.  as @Keith_Beddoe posted there can only be one account holder

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @rnuma

Welcome to the BT Community and thank you for your post!

I am sorry for the problems you're having.  I appreciate the time you have spent trying to get this sorted out with my colleagues in the helpdesk.  I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @rnuma, thanks for taking the time to speak with me earlier. Just to confirm I've removed the secondary name from the billing account now and your next bill in August should only have your name showing. 
A second name can be added to a customer’s bill as a Care Of the account holder.
This gives them a legal right to open your private correspondence. However, it doesn't do the following:

Cheers

John

0 Ratings