cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Renewal of Broadband/Upgrade of Router

Go to solution

I’m due a broadband renewal/upgrade soon. Will it be possible to supply my own router such as the ASUS Zen WiFi XT9 and get BT to install it, or is it easy enough to install myself? I wasn’t sure if the BT Full Fibre Halo 300mb I have now, or the upgrade of the BT Full Fibre 900 Halo 3+ 900mb offer me the security that I wish?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Renewal of Broadband/Upgrade of Router

Go to solution

BT won't install it. Its virtually plug and play you just need to enter the generic PPPoE credentials of username bthomehub@btbroadband.com and Password BT.

No idea what 'security' you wish for but both packages are identical except for speed.

Bear in mind you will not have access to Digital Voice if you use a third party router.

Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

if you have digital voice then you must use the BT SH2 and it need to be first device connected to the ONT.  are you currently having problems with internet coverage in your home that you are looking at the ASUS?  If you changed to ASUS then up to you to install it

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

@Vambo24 just to add that if you use a third-party router the Wifi discs and Hybrid connect equipment included with Halo 3+ won't work.

Thanks

Neil

Message 5 of 7

Go to solution
Thanks much appreciated
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks much appreciated

0 Ratings