cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Renewed BB now on EE

Hi, I’ve just renewed my BB fibre 67 contract but I’ve been switched to EE.

what are the consequences of this, is it just a billing thing. 
what about the router they’re sending me, do I have to use it or can I just carry on as before with my smart hub. 
Had a sms telling me the service will stop for a while on the activation day, is that right

none of this was addressed when I agreed to renew, I just thought it would just carry on as before, What have I done

Alan 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Renewed BB now on EE

BT and EE still authenticate in the same way for FTTP, therefore in theory you dont actually need to change the router at all, however BT will I assume require you to send the old one back, in addition any troubleshooting you may require or support, you will always need to have the 'correct' router connected. Really you need to switch over to the EE one.

With regards to the service stopping, you may find more answers over on the EE forum for users that had migrated over on FTTP, I dont think there would be downtime as mostly its a backend billing type thing, the provision of the internet remains largely the same.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

It seems like no two migrators have identical experiences, so it will be wait & see (with fingers crossed!).  The best you can hope for on these pages is someone in the know telling what should happen. But this is BT/EE, so what should happen what does happen may well be different things.

As @naylor2006 said, BT will almost certainly want their router returned. If you have Complete WiFi you'll may need new nodes as well, as the black disks don't work with the latest EE Hub.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

I went from BT to EE last week. I was told a new router would be sent out as there is now a later version. The tv box would not be change although they set a mini tv box at no extra cost.

I was told the change over on Wednesday could take up to midnight but had a message before 5am to say it was done.

At that time the new router had not arrived and the old router was still working fine - although with a little more download speed.

Plugged the new router in later in the day and it worked fine.

It seemed to take another 24 hours for the account info and app details to all update - but no issues with the service itself were seen.

Old BT account shows remaining balance is refunded - but can take a few days to receive.

Bag arrived to return old router.