cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Resolving account problems - advice sought

Hi, 

tldr; BT have completely stuffed up our account. We have no landline or broadband.  Multiple calls for over a week and no one at BT seems able to help/resolve it.  Any advice on who I should be asking to speak to when I call in?

We've been a BT customer for over 15 years.  We've paid every bill in full and on time (by DD). We woke last Friday to find our land line out of order and no broadband connection.  We reported a fault and were told that no fault could be detected.

This began a series of phone calls to BT, at least one per day, each more frustrating than the last. 

Over the week we have established that;

• We were disconnected erroneously
  • There appears to be a problem with our account and BT are unable to connect us.
  • Our account has been cleared of any trace that we have a landline, BT Fibre and Halo
  • We were told they needed to reset our account and then we'd have to take out a new order
  • we did this last Friday - and have been locked into a more expensive contract than the one we had
  • The order is still pending and unconfirmed.
  • This is the same explanation they gave when saying we'd been cut off accidentally - something about an order getting stuck and not going through.
  • BT are supposed to have called us multiple times over the last week and haven't called once.
  • Everytime I call I have to go through the same background - they all claim to have added notes but the next person never seems to have notes to refer to.
  • Now when I call in we're told we don't have a fault as we don't have broadband and we're a new customer.
  • We've raised complaints - the first was closed without any contact or acknowledgement.  The latest has been reviewed last Friday but no activity since.

Everyone we speak to says they are sorry.  None of them are able to fix the problem.  All they do is pass off to "the data integrity team".  All the data integrity team do is cancel the stuck order.  They don't fix why the orders are getting stuck in the first place.

We can't seem to find any way to escalate a case like this.  Nor can we find a complaints handling policy.

BT have us a a registered vulnerable household. 

At the moment we have no landline, no internet and no idea if/when we are getting them back.

Can anyone advise of the best way to bring this to the attention of whoever we need to fix it?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Resolving account problems - advice sought

as you have tried various attempts to get it sorted and failed I have ask forum mods who are BT employees to see if they can help  mods will post here but could be a day or so

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 5

Hi @Disconnected1 and welcome to our community.

I'm really sorry you're services have been disconnected in error. I'll be happy to try and fund out what's going on here. I'll need a few details so I'll drop you over a private message  now so you can get in touch.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Thank you for doing this.  I'm at my wits end and really appreciate you taking the time to help.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Thank you David, I have sent a reply by PM.

0 Ratings